Data Protection Notice
Protecting Your informal self-determination and privacy is an important concern for us, EQS Blockchain Media GmbH, Karlstr. 47, 80333 Munich, Germany. That is why we collect, process and use personal data exclusively in accordance with the applicable laws on data protection and data security.
The following disclosures are provided for your information.
Please note that the website of EQS Blockchain Media GmbH may contain links to other providers’ websites to which this Privacy Statement does not extend.
This Privacy Notice furthermore does not apply to data we share with our partners as part of the provision of EQS Blockchain Media GmbH’s offers to our customers. This is subject to the respective privacy notice of our partners.
1. Websites and cookies
The following data are collected and processed when you visit our website:
- Operating system and version
- Browser type, version and plug-in types
- Display resolution
- Time-zone setting
- Geolocation information about your location
- The host name of the accessing computer
- Date and time of the server request
- http response code
- the website from which you are visiting us
- Cookie ID
- Anonymized IP address
- Login information
- Information on how you use the website
- Whether you open or forward messages from us
- Contact details, if you happen to provide these to us
When you visit our websites, we collect and process your personal data on the base of your consent or of our legitimate interest for the following purposes:
- To ensure product quality, research and development of new products
- For improvement and economical operation our online offerings, our website and our e-mail communication
- To determine the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- For the creation of user profiles
- To ensure the operation of IT systems.
Ensuring operation includes, inter alia, the following activities:
- Backup and recovery of data processed in IT systems
- Incident and problem management for troubleshooting IT systems
- Detection and defense against unauthorized access
- Logging and monitoring of transactions to check the correct functioning of IT systems
2. Contact forms/newsletter
We collect and process your personal data whenever you submit a request to us or otherwise contact us, for example in the context of white papers, newsletters, e-mail marketing, news service, event reminders or webinars. The data you provide us includes:
- E-mail address
We collect and process these data for the purposes for which you provide them to us.
3. Services or other performance by the EQS Blockchain Media GmbH
We collect and process such personal data provided as are necessary when initiating, or as part of, providing you with a service or other performance. The data you provide us includes:
- Telephone number
- e-mail address
- Login information
- Master data
Your personal data are collected and processed in order to initiate and fulfill contractual obligations, and in the event we have a legitimate interest in the use of your personal data, such as
- to ensure product quality, research and development of new products,
- to fulfill sales, service and administration processes,
- for improvement and economical operation our online offerings, our website and our e-mail communication,
- to furnish you with advertising relative to similar products, unless you have objected to this,
- to determine the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
4. Web beacons and tracking
We use web beacons (also referred to as “tracking pixels”) on our websites and in our e-mail correspondence.
For example, we may place web beacons in marketing e-mails to provide us with an idea of when you open our e-mail or click a link in the e-mail that redirects you to one of our websites.
Through the tracking used on our websites, contacts you have with advertisements displayed on other websites (visual contacts and clicks on advertising banners) or with our e-mails are set in relation to interactions on our website.
We have a legitimate interest in collecting, merging and evaluating the data for the purpose of improving and economically operating our online offer, our website and e-mail communication, and to assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
We work with some advertising partners on the use of what is referred to as “re-targeting technology.” Under this technology, cookies from these partner companies ( “third-party cookies”) are also stored on your hard drive when you visit our website.
6. Google Fonts
In our website, we use Google Fonts to display external fonts; this establishes a connection to the Google server in the USA when our website is accessed. This is a service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 (hereinafter referred to as “Google”). Accessing our website establishes a connection to Google from which Google can identify the website from which your request has been sent and the IP address to which the fonts are to be transmitted for display. The legal basis for the processing of the IP address is our legitimate interest in optimizing and economically operating our website.
Through certification under the “EU-US Privacy Shield,” Google guarantees that the privacy regulations of the EU are also followed when data are processed in the US. For more information, visit: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated and https://policies.google.com/privacy.
7. YouTube videos
8. Fulfillment of legal obligations
We will also process personal data if there is a legal obligation to do so. We are subject to a variety of legal obligations. In order to comply with these obligations, we process your data to the extent necessary and, where indicated, pass these along to the responsible authorities within the framework of statutory reporting obligations. If necessary, we also process your data in the event of a legal dispute, if the legal dispute requires the processing of your data.
9. We protect your personal data
EQS Blockchain Media GmbH uses technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons. These security measures are continuously improved in keeping with technological progress. This includes, for example, access authorizations, authentications, audits, controls, alarm messages, data storage and backups, transmission standards and environmental integrity. For EQS Blockchain Media GmbH’s employees, there is a Code of Conduct that obliges them to comply with the principles of data protection and data security.
10. How long we keep your information
We will only retain your data for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we process your data. If we process data for multiple purposes, it will automatically be deleted or stored in a format that does not permit direct conclusions to be drawn about you once the last specific purpose has been fulfilled.
11. Whom do we provide with international access to your data, and how do we protect these data in the process?
EQS Blockchain Media GmbH is a global company. Personal data are processed by employees, by Group companies and by service providers commissioned by us, preferably within the EU. Should data be processed in countries outside the EU, we use suitable measures (e.g. EU standard contracts including appropriate technical and organizational measures) to ensure that your personal data are processed in accordance with European-level data protections.
12. Contacting us, your privacy rights and your right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority
If you have granted consent to our processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The lawfulness of the processing of your personal data up until this withdrawal is not affected by the withdrawal. Further processing of this data under a different basis in law, for example to fulfill legal obligations, remains unaffected as well.
Do you have any further questions or comments on the subject of data protection, particularly as concerns information on the data stored about you? Do you want information about your data, the data we have stored, or to check, amend or delete your data? Then contact EQS Blockchain Media GmbH via our contact form or via email@example.com.
We take your concerns and rights very seriously. However, if you believe that we have not adequately addressed your complaints or concerns, you have the right to file a complaint with a competent data protection authority.